This is an open call for nominations to be HANA Distinguished Engineers. If you caught Vishal’s announcement at the HANA Anniversary Event, or saw our prior blog, wiki page, webcasts, video chats or other announcements on the topic, you know what the HDE program is about. If not, what are you waiting for? Go check them out!
So what are we looking for in HDE candidates? The first and most important criteria is someone that meets our core values:
- Restless curiosity
- Collaborative and sharing by nature
- Continuously striving for improvement
- Challenges convention and status quo
- Mentors others
The commitment to these core values will be displayed in the actions of a HANA Distinguished Engineer. We would expect this commitment to be reflected in:
A minimum of three pieces of high quality, substantive, original technical content that reflects knowledge and expertise in some technical area pertaining to SAP HANA. This content is inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Technical blogs on any publicly accessible blogging platform
- Technical articles, podcasts, webcasts
- Peer to Peer speaking engagements
- Technical instructional or educational videos, seminars or lectures
- Forum moderation
- Code snippets/libraries
- User group activities (SIG, Influences councils, etc.)
This commitment should continue through such efforts not only preceeding acceptance as a Distinguished Engineer, but on a continued annual basis as well.
And lastly, we are looking for candidates that have hands-on experience with SAP HANA. This should consist of a minimum of:
- Six months of full-time verifiable hands-on experience with SAP HANA in a proof of concept, pilot, implementation project or production support capacity, in either a consulting or customer role, or
- Six months of full-time verifiable experience providing remote support to SAP HANA customers as part of a paid SAP or partner support organization, or
- Six months of full-time verifiable experience in a product development role within the SAP HANA development or product management organizations.
And this experience could be in any aspect of SAP HANA technologies, including:
- Application Developers
- BI / DM / DW Developers / Modelers
- ETL / Replication Developers / Modelers
- Application / Database Administrators
- Security Administrators
- … and other technical capacities specific to SAP HANA
OK, that’s a lot of bullets, so I’ll stop there. If you, or someone you know, qualifies for, and is interested in, becoming a HANA Distinguished Engineer, please fill out the nomination form today at HDE Nomination Form.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]HANA Distinguished Engineer Nominations,