As you start to leverage SAP HANA to build out real time solutions in your organization, be sure to consider how SAP HANA fits into the broader SAP Real-Time Data Platform (RTDP). This platform vision includes a portfolio of solutions, with SAP HANA at the core, which are tightly optimized to work together to solve modern-day data processing and management challenges.
Many customers have asked for more details on how we will leverage the rich capabilities of our data management offerings coming from SAP Sybase and SAP Business Objects in conjunction with SAP HANA. The SAP Real-Time Data Platform combines the power of all these solutions with evolving capabilities over time to integrate, optimize and then synthesize these solutions into a unified data platform architecture. In particular, the platform is focused on delivering the following essential capabilities: online transactional processing, data analytics, data processing and analysis, data modeling and movement, information governance, as well as unified administration and monitoring.
In order to help you understand how these solutions will evolve over time as an integrated SAP Real-Time Data Platform, SAP has just released several Statement of Direction documents covering various integration points in the SAP Real-Time Data Platform.
Links to these SAP Real-Time Data Platform Statement of Direction documents are available here:
- Real-time Data Platform Overview
- SAP Sybase ASE & SAP HANA interoperability
- SAP Data Analytics (SAP Sybase IQ & SAP HANA)
- SAP Sybase ASE Position for Sybase customers
- SAP Sybase ASE & SAP Sybase Replication Server for SAP customers
Some of the highlights of the SAP Real-Time Data Platform goals outlined in these documents are the following:
- The main area of focus for the platform is to ensure “quick time to value”, “simplification”, and “performance and scale”.
- Data processing: The platform is intended to deliver end-to-end optimized data processing across the following core component engines – SAP HANA, SAP Sybase ASE, SAP Sybase IQ, SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere, and SAP Sybase Event Streaming Platform (e.g., ESP) – with support for third party databases and Hadoop data environments as well.
- Data movement: Optimization of data movement is planned via real time data replication; high speed query federation and low latency interconnects. SAP Sybase Replication Server, SAP Sybase Event Streaming Platform, and SAP Business Objects Data Services will be key components of this data movement area.
- Administration/Monitoring: Common administration and monitoring based on SAP Sybase Control Center via a newly designed HTML 5 web front-end, allowing even mobile devices to monitor server assets.
- Data modeling: An integrated modeling and development environment is planned based on SAP Sybase PowerDesigner modeling capabilities and supporting the SAP HANA Studio for development purposes.
- Framework: A warehouse scale elastic framework is planned across data center(s), on premise or cloud-based with multi-tenancy support.
Stay tuned for more details on the SAP Real-Time Data Platform as we continue to map out the go-forward plan. For more details on direction for specific solutions in the platform also visit the SAP Solution & Product roadmaps areas on SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/roadmap in the Database & Technology area.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]The Path Forward - the SAP Real-Time Data Platform powered by SAP HANA,