Since TechEd 2012 the two session EIM300/301 where updated with the latest findings for Upgrade and Migration
your existing BW System on anyDB to BW on HANA.
Unicode implications within the Migration
SAP near-line storage solution with Sybase IQ
Furthermore with the availability of the SAP-NLS Solution you can shrinken your database prior to the Migration to SAP HANA.
As smaller the database is, as faster the Migration Process takes time.
DMO Option at a Glance
The database migration option (DMO) as part of the SL toolset can be combined with the existing migration options.
- database migration option (DMO) included in the SUM is free of charge
- start releases are 7.0 and 7.01
- source database remains untouched, e.g. no Upgrade, Modification, etc.
- business systems are not changed, e.g. <SID>, server, instance change, etc.
- no relabeling process from 7.03 to 7.31 needed (pre requiste for HANA migration)
- improved unicode migration included soon (with GA Version, Q3/2013)
- Conditions for using database migration option of SUM*
All available options at a glance – Migration BW on HANA
SAP First Guidance Collection – BW on HANA
Blog Series for the Classical Migration to SAP HANA provided by the Software Logistic Group within the ALM
Best Regards Roland Kramer, PM BW/In-Memory, SAP AG
*Some documents featured in this blog may require the reader to sign up or log in
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Upgrade and Migration - BW on HANA,