Join us for the first SAP Big Data Chat with Steve Lucas, President of SAP Platform Solutions and Timo Elliott, SAP Innovation Evangelist.
In this dynamic and interactive discussion you’ll hear how SAP makes Big Data real.
- Get real-world examples of SAP Big Data providing real business value today
- Learn how to gain valuable insights from your data immediately instead of days or weeks later
- Hear how our customers are using SAP today to predict future events, minimizing risk and optimizing opportunities
When: Wednesday, August 21, 8am PT / 11am ET / 5pm CET
Where: Watch via the live video stream (once the event starts) and chat via Twitter #SAPChat
How to Join the Conversation
- Watch the live video stream on the SAP Community Network via Google Hangout On Air at http://scn.sap.com/welcome
- Don’t worry, you don’t need to have a Google+ account to watch the live stream. At 8am PT, simply click the above link (works with any browser) to watch and listen to Steve and Timo’s conversation.
Chat and Ask Questions
- The tweetchat is at #SAPchat. Join the conversation and tweet your comments/questions about #BIgData while you watch the live video stream – using the #SAPChat hashtag.
- What’s a tweetchat? It’s a real-time “meeting” on Twitter, 140 characters at a time. Simply log in to Twitter (you can create an account at www.twitter.com) and include the hashtag #SAPchat along with your comments and questions. You’ll be in the conversation! Watch the stream of tweets with any Twitter app, such as Tweetdeck, Hootsuite or Tweetchat.com.
SAP Big Data Chat Speakers
President, SAP Platform Solutions
Steve Lucas is the global president of SAP Platform Solutions, leading the go-to-market teams and strategy for Analytics, Database & Technology, Mobile, and Big Data. With his primary focus on market acceleration and adoption in SAP’s core innovation areas, Lucas develops and executes strategy across all markets and ensures operational excellence within the global GTM teams.
Prior to his current role, Lucas served as Global EVP and GM for the Database & Technology Business, leading a team of professionals in field sales, enablement, solutions management, and marketing across a diverse portfolio of products. Before that, he was global GM for the Business Analytics & Technology organization—responsible for strategy and go-to-market activities across sales, marketing, and product management lines of business.
Lucas led the successful introduction of SAP HANA to the market in 2011 and continues to lead the fast-growing and dynamic HANA business, which now includes Business Suite on HANA and HANA Enterprise Cloud.
Lucas joined SAP in 2007 when the company acquired Business Objects. As vice president and general manager with Business Objects, Lucas launched and led the company’s “OnDemand” business unit. Before that, he managed the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) group, overseeing the sales of software for data integration and management as well as supporting key acquisitions for Business Objects in the EIM segment. In addition, he managed partner organizations at Business Objects, including the OEM and Distribution businesses.
Lucas became part of Business Objects in 2003 when the company acquired Crystal Decisions. While at Crystal Decisions, he held various senior positions, including leading the strategic presales team for North America.
During a brief sojourn from SAP, Lucas joined Salesforce.com as SVP responsible for furthering adoption of the Force.com cloud computing platform by customers, partners, and developers. He re-joined SAP in 2009.
Early in his career, Lucas held roles in field sales management at Software Spectrum, a Microsoft large account reseller. He also worked in field marketing and technical sales for Microsoft.
Lucas holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado and has published several books on business intelligence.
SAP Innovation Evangelist
Timo Elliott is an innovation evangelist and international conference speaker who presents to IT and business audiences around the world on the latest trends in information strategy and technology.
His popular Business Analytics blog at timoelliott.com tracks innovation in analytics and social media, including topics such as big data, collaborative decision-making, and social analytics.
A 22-year veteran of SAP BusinessObjects, Elliott works closely with SAP research and innovation centers around the world on new technology prototypes. His PowerPoint Twitter Tools lets presenters see and react to tweets in real time, embedded directly within their slides. He has a draft US patent in the area of augmented reality analytics.
Prior to Business Objects, Elliott was a computer consultant in Hong Kong and led analytics projects for Shell in New Zealand. He holds a first-class honors degree in Economics with Statistics from Bristol University, England.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Join the SAP Big Data Chat,