Many of you may have heard by about now the new features of SAP Lumira SP12. One of the more anticipated capabilities is the ability for SAP Lumira to directly connect to SAP NetWeaver BW. With SAP Lumira SP12 our customers can now connect to the relational Universes (UNX) using the SAP NetWeaver BW InfoProvider level as a source for their analytics.
Well for those anxious to get started, wait no longer. Thanks to the recent release of the SAP BW on HANA Trial offer, you now have the option of connecting Lumira SP12 with SAP BW to see the value of these two solutions working together.
You might ask yourself, why is this of “value” to me ?
- Have you been looking for a product that allows your business users to analyze the data from SAP NetWeaver BW without having to go through IT ?
- Have you been looking for a data visualization tools for your business user audience and for your power users ?
- Are you already using SAP Lumira and have been waiting for the ability to connect SAP Lumira to SAP NetWeaver BW ?
If the answer to any of these questions is ‘YES’, then continue reading.I will split the rest of this blog into three parts:
- Part 1 will give you the details to get your own SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA system
- Part 2 will show you how to update the system with SAP Lumira SP12 and setup the connectivity to SAP NetWeaver BW
- Part 3 will show you how you can use SAP Lumira SP12 with data from SAP NetWeaver BW
We will start with getting our own SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA environment with SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.
- In case you haven’t done already, sign up for a Amazon AWS Account – http://aws.amazon.com
- In case you have not bought any products on SAP HANA Marketplace so far, please use this link to create an account : http://www.saphana.com/create-account.jspa
- Navigate to SAP HANA Marketplace and get the SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA Trial :
SAP BW Powered by SAP HANA – Trial Offerhttp://www.saphana.com/docs/DOC-3954
- Click on the button “30-Day Free Trial“.
- You are now in the SAP Store.
- Click on Add to Cart so that the Trial is added to your shopping cart.
- Click on “Checkout“.
- You now will need to accept the Terms and Conditions and then you can click on “Submit Order“.
- After you order the trial of SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA you will receive a confirmation and two eMails. One eMail is your order confirmation and the second eMail contains the link to the SAP Cloud Appliance Library for your very own SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA system.
- Open the second eMail and navigate to the SAP Cloud Appliance Library using the link in the eMail.
- In the first step you will be asked to provide your Amazon AWS Security credentials and you can define the password for the Administrator account of the new systems.
- The SAP Cloud Appliance Library is then preparing the instances for your and after about 20 min the status of your instance should become “Active”.
- When you then click on the instance item, you will receive the details for the systems and you can now use Remote Desktop to connect to your systems.
At this point we have our own SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA system up and running, so we have everything and we can go to the next step and update our system to SAP Lumira SP12.
Keep in mind that these system do accrue costs in your Amazon AWS account (less than 6 USD per hour for this trial), so when you are not using the systems you might want to suspend them.
For suspending the systems you can go back to the SAP Cloud Appliance Library and navigate to the tab Instances.
On the right hand side you can use the “Suspend” option to stop the environments. You can always come back and “Activate” the systems again.
The system not only allows you to leverage SAP Lumira, there is a huge set of tutorials for SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA with SAP BusinessObjects BI 4 that you can explore now.
Get your own BW on HANA trial system today and get ready for tomorrow’s blog.
In tomorrow’s blog I will go over how to update the system to include SAP Lumira to SP12 and setup the relational Universe on top of the SAP NetWeaver BW demo model.
Here are some additional resources:
- SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA Trial
- SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA – Getting Started Guide
- SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA – Getting Started Video
- SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA – FAQ
- SAP NetWeaver BW on SAP HANA – Trial Tutorials
- SAP Cloud Appliance Library