Have you ever seen this message? No? What a shame! You can find a lot of valuable information in the HANA manuals of SAP HANA platform product documentation.
RTHM – Read The HANA Manuals!
New Blog Series about SAP HANA Platform Product Documentation
In this new blog series the SAP HANA knowledge management team plans to regularly inform you about news and updates to the SAP HANA platform product documentation. Product documentation describes SAP HANA features in a systematic, task-oriented manner. Additionally, this documentation is reviewed and approved by SAP HANA development and product management.
Why do I need to read SAP HANA Platform product documentation?
- It systematically covers the whole product lifecycle, from initial planning, installation and security configuration of single and multiple hosts systems to operating, administrating, monitoring, and optimizing SAP HANA landscapes through to developing new SAP HANA based applications.
- It is legally an integral part of the SAP HANA platform software product itself: what’s in the documentation is officially part of the product SAP HANA platform.
- It is written using a primarily task oriented approach, providing:
- Tasks and tutorials (What to do?)
- Concepts for technical background (What’s it about?)
- References for details.
You find the SAP HANA product documentation on SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com/hana_platform.
Latest SAP HANA Platform Product Documentation
- SAP HANA Platform SPS 07 Revision 73 was shipped on 03/17/2014. This revision had been verified by running an internal enterprise application in production at SAP.
- The complete SAP HANA Platform product documentation set has been updated and is available on SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com/hana_platform.
- What’s New in SAP HANA Platform?
See the chapter SAP HANA Platform SPS 07, Features Included in Revision 73:
- SAP HANA Interactive Education (SHINE)
- SAP HANA UI Integration Services: Support of Fiori Launchpad
- Data Provisioning
- SAP Smart Data Access (SAP SDA) adapter for SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII)
What’s coming next?
The next update of the complete SAP HANA Platform documentation set is planned for the SAP HANA SPS 08 shipment at the end of May 2014.
Future Topics RTHM – Read The HANA Manuals! Blog Series
- SAP HANA Installation Documentation (12/2013)
Installation in SAP HANA SPS 07 – welcoming hdblcm(gui) to the family
(Stephanie Lewellen/Doc Lead SAP HANA Installation Documentation)
- SAP HANA Development Documentation (coming soon)
Visual roadmap for guiding SAP HANA developers
(Geoffrey Nolan/Information Architect SAP HANA Developer Documentation)
- SAP HANA Security Documentation (coming soon)
E2E roadmap for configuring and implementing SAP HANA security settings
(Sinead Higgins/Doc Lead SAP HANA Security Documentation)
Found errors? See room for improvement? Please provide feedback for SAP HANA product documentation!
SAP HANA product documentation should serve your needs, it should help you understand and efficiently use SAP HANA platform. To shape and write SAP HANA product documentation according to your needs, we ask you for any kind of feedback, so the documentation really does what it is intended to.
I have just one favor to ask you: When providing feedback for SAP HANA platform product documentation, please be as specific as possible by naming the manual, guide or reference (preferably with a link) and the chapter or section that needs to be corrected or improved. I would appreciate it!
Doc Lead SAP HANA Platform
SAP HANA platform knowledge management team
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]RTHM - Read The HANA Manuals! Blog Series,