– Consider Joining the SAP HANA Executive Council –
We all are very aware of how emerging technology is transforming our lives in many ways.
Digitization & hyper-connectivity is entering a new phase and the transformation of books, music and retail has now morphed into healthcare, manufacturing, automotive and other industries.
Whether it is the products we purchase, or how we purchase them, retailing and manufacturing are all getting digitized, connected and smart. Retailing is moving from transactions to 1:1 relationship engagement, while manufacturing is moving from mass production to 3-Dimensional printing of custom products on-demand.
And it is just not products and services, but also how we ourselves are getting digitized. The digital transformation of healthcare is happening now, from generic treatment based on individual disease management to personalized medicine. Whether it is social networks or internet of things giving rise to big data, everything we touch is becoming faster and smarter – but also becoming increasingly more complex.
Technology breakthroughs are already here to serve companies willing to re-think their business and re-invent themselves. In the new digital economy, leaders are looking to redefine their industries and capture bigger market share. But how can leaders ensure proper selection and adoption of the new technologies, and how can they learn from one another?
SAP HANA is an in-memory data platform that lets you accelerate business processes, deliver more business intelligence, and simplify your IT environment. It can be deployed on premise or in the cloud. By providing the foundation for all your data needs, SAP HANA removes the burden of maintaining separate legacy systems and siloed data, so you can run live and make better business decisions in the new digital economy.
The SAP HANA Executive Advisory Council (HEAC) addresses the concerns of the modern enterprise. Created by customers, for customers, the Council is a global body of SAP HANA customer executive thought leaders, willing to share their experiences, needing to communicate not only with just vendors, but also with one another.
The Council was launched in 2013 in Canada, and we ran meetings that year and the next. In 2015 we combined our chartered group focused on SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC), formerly called the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud Executive Advisory Council (HEC EAC) and aligned it with the main Council. Our combined HEAC, covering on premise HANA as well as cloud based HANA, is made up of customers who are eager stay ahead of the technology curve and share experiences and best practices. Our SAP HANA partner INTEL became a global council partner in 2015. For 2016 we explored other areas associated with the SAP Cloud Platform as well as Analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT). In 2017 we further expanded key topics around SAP Leonardo, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP S/4HANA, Design Thinking and Digital Innovation.
For 2018, our HEAC Sixth Year, we continue the vision set forth by the Council founders: sharing knowledge, understanding the strategic SAP technology roadmaps, and extensive executive networking.
We can all learn together, from each other, about the adoption of new technologies, and how can we ensure that these investments will make a significant difference to the organization. With the inclusion of the cloud to our group, we now offer you a more in-depth view of not only traditional HANA implementations, but also everything you need to know about our SAP HANA Cloud strategy. This allows you to influence the direction of the SAP on premise and cloud offerings with the product team so that the capabilities remain the best fit for you and your business needs.
For 2018: We are continuing our expansion into additional global regions. Plans are to hold localized HEAC meetings in North America, Latin America, Australia, Europe, Africa, Japan and China regions!
Reasons to Join the SAP HANA Executive Advisory Council:
- What? The HEAC was created for you – the SAP HANA customer executive. It is managed by SAP executives, but the content is 100% customer-driven. The Council is globally sponsored by SAP Development and led regionally by senior SAP executives who work directly in that team. Those executives have vast experience running technology organizations in end-user companies – even prior to their roles at SAP. Major topics always include discussion and roadmaps on HANA Platform, SAP S/4HANA, and HANA Cloud. Additional topics are frequently added to meeting agendas, e.g. Analytics and IoT.
- Who? If you have made SAP HANA investments or are considering working with HANA in the cloud, and your organization has brought SAP HANA live in your enterprise, or you are significantly investing in a HANA POC, then you should join us. We wish to have your company represented in this Council. Titles include CIO, CTO, COO, and senior executive Line of Business titles. Organizations should have made SAP HANA investments and have at least one live project or a deep POC in place.
- When? The SAP HANA Executive Advisory Council (including on premise and cloud topics) meets 6 to 8 times per year, in different global regions, with live in-person sessions. These are smaller meetings, so that delegates can afford the opportunity to get to know other delegates, exchange stories, share knowledge and best practices, and focus on changing the state of the art around technology investment impact to the enterprise.
- Where? The Council meets at customer locations throughout the world. In 2013, our first two meetings were held at Maple Leaf Foods in Toronto, Canada and at eBay in San Jose, California respectively. In 2014 meetings were held at Adobe in San Jose, California, Shell HQ in The Hague, Netherlands, and at the University of Kentucky. For 2015, our spring meeting was at SAP – the HANA customer, and the fall meeting was at Hewlett Packard. In addition the ANZ Region held its first HEAC meeting in Sydney in November. In Q1 2016 we held our meeting at Intel’s Santa Clara world headquarters, and in Q2 we launched our first Latin American meeting in São Paulo, Brazil at customer Suzano. In July 2016 we held our second meeting in Sydney, Australia and in the fall of 2016 we delivered in New York City as well as the second meeting in São Paulo. In 2017 we held meetings in California, São Paulo, London, Amsterdam, Melbourne, New York City and Beijing. We are already planning sessions in 2018 in North America, Latin America, Germany, South Africa, China and Japan.
- Global? The Council is global. Although the initial meetings were held in North America, meetings have been held in Europe and expansion to other regions is scheduled. If you wish to host at your facility, please contact the names below.
- Meeting JAM? Yes, we have our own PRIVATE SAP JAM Site for our HEAC Community. Once you are a member you will gain full access and benefits of our materials & networking on the site.
- When are the next planned meetings? For early 2018, we are currently planning meetings in Germany, Mexico City, Dallas and South Africa. Many additional meetings in other global regions are planned for the year; stay tuned for further information on those meetings, which you are invited to join as well.
- Industry? The Council comprises all industries for the moment. SAP realizes that HANA topical discussions will have a very specific industry flavor to them at times, but for our Council it is important to gather all opinions and input from all industries. If you wish to have a significant number of SAP HANA customers form a Council around a specific industry, then contact the names above for discussion.
Ready to Join? Interested to host a meeting? It is very easy to get involved.
Submit your name and contact information to the SAP Council Directors:.
Scott.Feldman@sap.com or Patrick.Bresnan@sap.com
Whether you run SAP HANA on premise, in the cloud or utilize the HANA Cloud Platform, we have a spot for you in the HEAC Council.
Hope to see you at our next meeting!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]SAP HANA Executive Council 2018,