Airplane flying above tropical sea at sunset; Shutterstock ID 129132983; Purchase Order: –
In a recent blog, Bernd Leukert, member of the executive board, Products and Innovation at SAP, explored why companies today need a data management suite. I highly recommend you take a look at Bernd’s piece, because it sets the stage nicely for the latest update we’d like to unveil: the SAP HANA Data Management Suite.
Organizations today struggle with two major issues: Business needs more connected, intelligent data, and IT needs more cloud and architecture flexibility. The SAP HANA Data Management Suite seeks to solve both those challenges by creating a unified stream of clean data into analysis or transaction systems to process and make decisions – a decision machine, in a sense – while offering cloud freedom for data systems, applications, and system development.
To meet the first goal of more connected, intelligent data, SAP HANA Data Management Suite incorporates the following steps:
- Establishing the foundation by defining and documenting data and security policies, business rules, master data definitions, business terminology standards, and enterprise architecture models; discovering and documenting where data and content resides; and identifying and documenting what data and content is subject to which internal policies and external regulatory requirements
- Getting the data clean by cleansing, matching, consolidating and enriching data to comply with corporate standards; continually monitoring and measuring data quality against validation rules, displaying metrics scorecards, and quantifying the financial impact of poor quality; and managing and synchronizing master data across applications
- Maintaining the system by managing content lifecycle and its association with data, processes and applications; implementing access controls, anonymization, and encryption; establishing and communicating data owners and stewards; embedding validation checks into business process and data entry workflow; and implementing archiving, retention and deletion policies and rules.
SAP can natively anonymize live data which delivers an inherently more secure, lower risk solution, requiring no add-on components.
To meet the second goal of cloud and architecture flexibility, SAP provides freedom of movement of data, instances, and queries spanning local, public, and multiple private clouds. This is designed to allow for deployment flexibility and avoid vendor lock in, which can be binding and costly, and allows for freedom of movement and synchronization of data, instances and queries spanning local, private and multi-public cloud, and includes software-defined cloud automation capabilities to help operate on-premise data center as local cloud.
SAP has natively integrated multiple data types with common tooling and SQL resulting in a simpler landscape that lowers costs, improves developer productivity and business agility unlike other vendors that require separate, complex landscapes.
Other benefits of the SAP HANA Data Management Suite include:
- Spatial processing, which enables users to get new insights from business data enriched with geo-spatial data (for more info, see the recent news that the SAP HANA platform is now a supported Esri enterprise geodatabase, delivering GIS data across the enterprise),
- Graph processing, which enables users to discover relationships on the fly from connected data, operating on live data for real-time insight,
- Text analysis, search and mining techniques to analyze unstructured text with the ability to automatically read 31 languages,
- Predictive / machine learning techniques to help users seek out opportunities and optimize decisions based on the predictive value of large-scale data sets,
- Streaming techniques capture, filter, analyze, and act on millions of events per second in real-time from a wide variety of sources,
- Series data storage and processing, which enables analysis of equidistant and non-equidistant series data for analysis.
With all this and more, SAP HANA Data Management Suite enables secure, governed enterprise class applications and analytics by providing an open, hybrid and multi-cloud enabled solution suite that orchestrates all the data you need into a trusted, unified landscape.
As you can tell, we’re tremendously excited about the SAP HANA Data Management Suite and what it can do for our customers. I feel I’ve only scratched the surface here with our capabilities and offerings that make up the suite, so if you’d like to learn more, click here and as always, I welcome your comments or questions below.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Introducing the SAP HANA Data Management Suite,